We took a break. My husband came back home to help me get the routine going for back-to-school. Now that school’s back in session and we have our routine, he’s back for the remodel.
Today’s project? shutters.
While my husband was gone, the grandkids painted the old shutters black.
Here is the house with the original shutters. They are a muted gray.
We received a RYOBI 18V ONE+™ AIRSTRIKE™ 18GA BRAD NAILER AND 16 GA FINISH NAILER COMBO KIT in exchange for this post, to help us finish tasks on our home remodel project.
This nailer and finish nailer combo kit has become my dad’s favorite thing; it was absolutely perfect for the shutters.
The AirStrike technology provides cordless convenience, eliminating the need for a compressor, bulky air hose, and gas cartridge.
It’s light weight enough my dad had little issues with holding it up and using it to secure the shutters.
The finished look is clean and rejuvenates the exterior.
In Thirteen days, my husband and dad have done the demolition in the:
- front bedroom
- back bedroom
- Living Room, Hallway
- Kitchen Floors
- Hauled all worldly possessions to the conex box
- Laundry Room
- Great Room
- Removed the flooring in the Great Room
- Removed the ceilings from the living room
- Removed the ceiling from the back bedroom
- Removed the ceiling from the front bedroom
- Removed the ceiling from the kitchen
- Removed the ceiling from the bathroom
- Removed nails from floors
- Painted shutters
- Installed Shutters
Be sure and check out the beginning, where you can see the house as it was bought.