The floors are rotten in many places. Rotten to the point that my brother has fallen through and my husband has fallen through. Before we can lay the new floor, we need to go through the boards and replace the rotten areas.
They first remove the rotten wood.
Then measure and cut a new piece of wood to fill the gap.
There are sections around the exterior of the home that have large gaps and holes that need repairs before walls or floors can go in.
It’s the same process, remove the old wood, then add new wood and then use expanding form to seal the exterior.
They go through the entire house, checking the floor boards.
Removing the damaged area and replacing with new wood.
There were times they removed the damaged wood and found something larger, like rotting joists. Here they used new wood and secured the joists for the subflooring.
Then added the new wood.
Once the floors were done, they focused on closing a doorway.
Before it was open.
The door now enters into what will be the dining room. We want to close this door off for a solid wall.
In Fourteen days, my husband and dad have done the demolition in the:
- front bedroom
- back bedroom
- Living Room, Hallway
- Kitchen Floors
- Hauled all worldly possessions to the conex box
- Laundry Room
- Great Room
- Removed the flooring in the Great Room
- Removed the ceilings from the living room
- Removed the ceiling from the back bedroom
- Removed the ceiling from the front bedroom
- Removed the ceiling from the kitchen
- Removed the ceiling from the bathroom
- Removed nails from floors
- Painted shutters
- Installed Shutters
- Repaired/Replaced Floor Boards
- Closed off a doorway
Be sure and check out the beginning, where you can see the house as it was bought.