Mashed potatoes are good. This Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe is not only really good but incredibly easy.
They use to involve boiling over the stove, which meant the likelihood of starchy water boiling over was inevitable. I dislike that mess. Thanks to the Instant Pot, mashed potatoes are on the table in half the time and there’s no mess to clean up.
They are creamy, delicious and my family eats them UP!
Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ingredients:
- 6-7 medium potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (You may need more depending on your taste.)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or you can use water)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or use whole milk)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Black pepper to taste
Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe Directions:
- Wash potatoes and remove any eyes and brown spots. You can peel the potatoes, or not, depending on your preference.
- Cut Potatoes into 2-inch pieces and place in the Instant Pot.
- Peel the garlic and chop coarsely. Add the garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Add the salt to the potatoes.
- Add the broth or water.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the vent is set to”seal.”
- Cook on Manual + high pressure for 8 minutes and then quick release.
- Drain potatoes in the colander, reserving most of the cooking liquid to a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, half-and-half, and butter.
- Use your hand mixer to mash the potatoes (you can also use a hand masher) until smooth and creamy. Add the cooking liquid to the potatoes until they reach the desired consistency.
- Taste, adding salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Feel free to add bacon, chives, sour cream, whatever toppings make your mashed potatoes special.
Start to finish, with me peeling the potatoes this recipe was on the table in about 20-minutes. They are fluffy and filled with flavor. This Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe is sure to be a hit!