In 1947 the first commercially available microwave, which measured almost 6 feet tall and weighed 750 lbs. cost about US$5,000 ($51,408 in today’s dollars) launched.
We didn’t get our microwave until the mid-1970s. My grandmother still talks about that Thanksgiving. My parents invited the whole family over and my mom was thrilled to have created an entire Thanksgiving dinner, including the turkey, in her new microwave. It was magical and everyone sang praises inspite of the grey colored turkey that sat front and center of my mother’s dinner work of art.
My dad still has that original microwave. It sits on his counter, still in use. It’s been a lesson in analogs and diods and “this here’s a classic”. I’ve watched my children one by one struggle with how to turn it on. It’s good memories.
Our microwave from the late 1980s, that was a hand-me-down from a family member, finally went out two years ago. We replaced it with a small microwave. We found while it was useful, it didn’t necessarily accommodate our large plates.
Then I was without a microwave for six months. It made me realize how much we rely on the convenience of this appliance. My children thought they might starve.
After searching BuyDig.com for a review item of my choice, I decided it was time to have a microwave again. I wanted something to be proud of, that would fit our large plates. Then I found the beauty.
Meet the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Microwave CMW-100.
I love it!
It features modern stainless steel with a user friendly control panel and easy-open door with a chrome handle, embossed with the Cuisinart logo and a dark tinted class panel. It’s chic and stylish on my counter. Most microwaves in this size range do not have handles, they have push button door mechanisms. We LOVE the handle!
The stainless steel interior absorbs no odors and is easy to sanitize. I couldn’t believe how easy it cleaned up, even after one week of continuous use. We are loving the rotating glass tray. It works perfectly with our large plates or a frozen dinner!
My kiddos really love that you simply have to push the number of minutes you need to cook and the microwave does the rest. One button, one push. It’s really that easy.
There’s no need to have product envy with BuyDig.com. They offer one of the largest inventory range of products. We’re talking cameras, computers, kitchen, stainless steel microwaves, housewares, tablets and more. It’s name brands trusted by consumers with budget-friendly pricing on most items.
A family-owned, pioneering retailer of consumer electronics, BuyDig.com is based in New Jersey and has been adding new shopping categories to their product options since the 1990’s. A four-time Platinum Winner of the Bizrate Circle of Excellence, they understand consumers. Basic Shipping within the United States is free for most products. They are more than a warehouse of amazing products, they also offer superior customer service.
June is a season of celebration, with the official start of summer, graduations, weddings and Dad’s. There’s the perfect gift for them or yourself waiting at BuyDig.com!
One Lucky Winner will win a Cuisanart Stainless Steel Microwave
Just like the one in my review above!
- 1000 watts
- Stainless steel control panel and door with embossed Cuisinart logo and dark tinted glass window
- Stylish chrome handle
- Stainless steel interior absorbs no odors and is easy to sanitize
- Rotating 12″ glass tray
- Touchpad controls with LCD
- Two convenient defrost functions to defrost food by weight or time
- Eight preset options with serving-size options for each (total 25): Popcorn, Beverage,
- Rice, Reheat, Fresh Vegetables, Frozen Vegetables, Baked Potatoes, and Bacon
- Two-stage cooking operation: Allows microwave to be set so that first stage of operation (such as 15 minutes on defrost), is automatically followed by a second stage (such as cooking for 8 minutes)
- Instruction and recipe book included
- Limited 3-year warranty
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- Fun and Educational Learning Games for Young Children - October 21, 2014
- Join the Force with #VectroninSpace - October 17, 2014
- Van Gogh Candy Corn Shooter #Recipe - October 17, 2014