My kiddos love this Coca-Chili Recipe.
It’s easy to make and you can add more or less spice to kick it up a notch or tone it down a tad, depending on your taste preference.
My secret is I make it one day in advance. Then I put it in the refrigerator overnight and give all the flavors time to blend.
It’s also tasty right out of the pan immediately after cooking!
Coca Cola Chili Recipe Ingredients:
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 can (15-ounces) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15-ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (adjust to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Coca Cola Chili Recipe Directions:
- Cook beef, onion, and celery over medium-high heat until meat is browned and onions are translucent.
- Drain excess fat
- Add tomato sauce
- Add beef broth
- Add chili powder
- add paprika
- Add cumin
- Sitr well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduct heat and let simmer 20-minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans
- Stir in Coca-Cola
- Add hot pepper sauce
- Continue to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Garnish to taste (we like onions, fresh diced tomatoes, and sour cream).
- Serve with cornbread or Pantry Fresh Cornbread Crisps