This post including prizing is in partnership with Crown Publishing. All opinions and my love for tacos remain my own.
I love cookbooks, and one of my favorite chefs is Bobby Flay. He has a new cookbook, Bobby Flay Fit; it’s filled with recipes, like this Greek Tacos with Tzatziki and tomato relish recipe, that are packed with flavor and add a beautiful flare to the meal.
The New Year taunts us with resolutions. For the majority, it’s getting healthier. I say, “Eat more flavorful foods. This satisfies and helps you feel satisfied.”
Bobby Flay Fit
Bobby Flay Fit the cookbook filled with healthful recipe ideas. But make no mistake, Bobby Flay Fit also has dessert recipes to satisfy the sweet tooth. These recipes are so filled with color and flavors. The book includes recipes for those night’s your pressed to get dinner on the table as well as recipes where you cut the herbs and have a little more prep work.
Cook, eat, and be fit with 200 recipes from Bobby Flay, whose approach to healthy eating is all about flavor—not eliminating anything from your diet.
Reading through this cookbook Bobby Flay’s expertise in the kitchen shines. The title may be FIT, but he’s still talking bread, bacon, butter. His dishes bring the “FLAY-ver” with an arsenal of low-calorie flavor bombs like rubs, relishes, and marinades. It all comes together to create meals with lean proteins, whole grains, and fresh produce at home.
Start your day and fuel your workouts with smoothies, juices, breakfast bowls, and snacks. Hearty salads and nourishing soups for lighter dinners or satisfying lunches.
Bobby Flay Fit proves you don’t have to overhaul the kitchen or sacrifice color and comfort to eat healthily.
Bobby Flay is my Food Network binge. I love watching him create dishes and think the quality that makes him shine over the other chefs is the bold, exciting flavors and combinations he uses.
BOBBY FLAY, New York Times bestselling author and lifelong runner, is the chef-owner of the fine-dining restaurants Gato, Bar Americain, Mesa Grill, and Bobby Flay Steak and numerous Bobby’s Burger Palaces.
He is the host of many popular cooking shows on Food Network—from the Emmy-winning Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction to Iron Chef America, Beat Bobby Flay, and Food Network Star—as well as Brunch @ Bobby’s on Cooking Channel and the online series Bobby Flay Fit.
The video below is Bobby Flay sharing his new cookbook, Bobby Flay Fit. Take a listen!
Greek Fish Tacos Recipe
Your Taco Tuesday is about to get a flavor boost. Crown Publishing gave permission for me to share one of the recipes from Bobby Flay Fit. My family chose Greek Tacos with Tzatziki and Tomato Relish.
There is some minor prep work in this recipe. Cutting fresh herbs and slicing a tomato and onion. Don’t be intimidated, it doesn’t take long and the flavors your sow are SO worth it!
Insider Tip: The recipe states to “flake the fish,” however, we chose to chop it into chunks instead. It’s up to you!
The homemade tzatziki recipe is in the book. It’s delicious and whoa! So much more delicious than store-bought.
Notes: Reprinted from Bobby Flay Fit © 2017 by Bobby Flay (Clarkson Potter/Publishers, Penguin Random House).
Bobby Flay’s Greek Tacos with Tzatziki and Tomato Relish Recipe Ingredients:
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds skinless flaky white fish fillets, such as striped bass or snapper (we used cod)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 12 (6-in.) flour tortillas, warmed in foil
- ¾ cup Tzatziki (use recipe in book) or store-bought
Bobby Flay’s Greek Tacos with Tzatziki and Tomato Relish Recipe Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, olives, vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours. Stir in the herbs just before serving.
- Marinate the fish: In a blender, combine the olive oil and oregano, season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. Put the fish in a baking dish, pour the marinade over, turn to coat, and let sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or a nonstick saute pan over high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on both sides until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board, squeeze lemon over, and let rest for 5 minutes before flaking.
- Serve the fish in warm tortillas topped with some of the relish. Add a large dollop of tzatziki to each.
Learn More About Bobby Flay FIT
Pick up your Bobby Flay FIT cookbook and be inspired to eat more flavorful, healthful foods!
BOBBY FLAY FIT offers 200 Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle
One (1) winner receives:
- copy of Bobby Flay Fit
- Plus a $100 FreshDirect gift card to get the healthy goods delivered right to your door!
Open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Crown Publishing.