“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for belVita. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”
As a child I remember my mother preaching to eat our breakfast. I never saw her eat breakfast. Then I grew up. I started a family of my own and as much as I was told to eat my breakfast, and did as a child, as a Mom, I realize I am my mother. I tell my children to eat breakfast, but in the chaos of getting everyone out the door on time, I don’t make the time to fuel my body.
How can I preach, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” when I don’t lead by example? I’m planning breakfast options, making sure my kiddos are getting the nutrition they need to make their day a success, but I have failed to slow down and take the same attention and place it on myself.
Yup, I’m a breakfast skipper.
It’s a new school year and I still want my children to look up to me. I want them to know that breakfast really is important. It is the start to our energy and nutrition that keeps our bodies and minds going through the day. Thanks to belVita, I’m still tackling the chaos and setting an example as we head out the door. I’m packing belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits and eating them on the go–in front of my children. It’s a great breakfast for busy-on-the-go Moms like you and me!
belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits are convenient. They are individually wrapped and made for the grab-n-go! Each Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuit is made from whole grain, contains 20 percent of daily fiber requirements and area nutritious start to the day. Available in two flavors< Mixed Berry and Oats & Chocolate there is a variety sure to please!
I am loving these! They are soft and moist and taste like something I might make in my own kitchen. They are satisfying and are helping me set a great example to my children.
Mixed Berry is my favorite but the Oats & Chocolate is right up there.
Each box of belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits contains five individually wrapped soft baked biscuits. They have a suggested retail price of $3.69 per box. They just hit shelves this month in retailers nationwide. Find them in the cookie/cracker aisle.
Here’s a quick look at the belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits:
- 20% Daily Value of Fiber (contains 7 grams of fat per serving)
- 11 grams of Whole Grain per 50 gram serving
- Good Source of Energy Releasing B-vitamins
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- No Partially Hydrogenated Oil
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors or Sweeteners
belVita has partnered with Lifestyle Mom, Dana Hilmer, to provide us with tips to ease stress as we enter Back to School season.
Easing Stress during the Busy Back to School Season
Soon families everywhere will be getting back in the school year routine. Here are some tips to help parents get ready from the Lifestyle Mom, Dana Hilmer:
- It’s important to schedule down time for you and your family. Before signing your kids up for this year’s after-school activities, think about your family’s priorities and the impact each activity will have on your schedules.
- It’s just as important for you to have a tasty, healthy breakfast as it is for your kids. Perfect for eating on the go, belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits come in two varieties, Mixed Berry and Oats & Chocolate, grab a banana and a latte and you’re good to go with nutritious morning energy.
- Take a little time each night to get organized for the following morning. By making lunches and selecting outfits before bed each night, you’ll free time each morning for other things.
- Be sure to keep healthy snacks in the kitchen for after-school snacking. Nuts, crackers and fruit are great to give kids right when they walk in the door to keep them from grazing on unhealthy snacks, or spoiling their appetites for dinner.
- Moms often complain about not having enough time for themselves, but when life gets busy, it’s even more important to carve out that time. Treat “me time” as a priority.
- Start a to-do list with three sections: the priority of the day for yourself, the priority of the day for your family and the priority of the day for your work. Start with these items, and only move on to other less important items once they’re done.
- Use Sunday nights to plan your dinners each week. If you take a few minutes to think about how you can creatively use the leftovers from one night to the next, you can create a full week’s worth of healthy, tasty dinners that your family will enjoy.
- Give yourself the freedom to say no without guilt. Activities or commitments that may not be right for your family are okay to decline. Saying NO gives you the permission to say YES to things that are important to you.
- Back-to-school season is also cold and flu season. You can keep your entire family healthy with these simple habits: eating well, getting enough rest and washing hands regularly.
- Create a network of support for yourself. This network looks different for everyone. Consider asking your partner and kids for support. They can be a great help with tasks you feel comfortable handing over.
This year I’m going to focus on number 8. I am not going to feel guilty when I need to say, “no”. Sometimes, it’s okay to let someone else be the difference.
Pick up a box of belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits and start your morning with breakfast!
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- Happy Chef Creating Culinary Moments with Flair - October 30, 2014
- Helpful Tips for Handling Your Toddler’s Teeth Grinding and Clenching - October 30, 2014
- A Stain Treatment that Works #DawnBeyondtheSink #DDDivas - October 29, 2014