Ribs (I used Tyson Pork Spare Ribs. I used a 6 lb. slab)
1 cup Kraft Original BBQ sauce
McCormick Grill Mates Bourbon and Brown Sugar Seasoning
6 pieces bacon, cooked with 1/3 cup fat reserveed
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Water
1 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. deli mustard
8 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1. Score membrane on the back of ribs.
2.) Mix the McCormick’s Bourbon and Brown Sugar seasoning according to directions and marinade the ribs in it.
2.) Cook bacon until crisp, reserve 1/3 cup bacon fat.
3.) In the reserved bacon fat, saute the onion until tender and brown.
4.) Crumble bacon into onion mixture and add 1 Cup Kraft Original BBQ Sauce. Stir well.
5. In a medium bowl mix together red wine vinegar, 1 cup water, deli mustard, brown sugar and salt.
6.) Pour red wine mixture into Kraft BBQ, Bacon and onion mixture and stir until well blended.
7.) Slowly stir in flour.
8.) Simmer until desired consistency.
Your sauce will look something like this:
Remove slab of ribs from marinade and place on hot grill. Then smother with sauce, often.
When the ribs are ready, flip them over and repeat the process, adding more sauce.
I cooked ours until they were a minimum of 145 degrees (we like ours around 160 degrees). I then sliced them into individual ribs, making it easy for guests and the kiddos.
Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- #Win a Sneak PEEPS Holiday Prize Pack (US ends 12/8) #PEEPSONALITY - November 26, 2014
- Countdown the Holidays with Care Bears Advent Calendar App - November 26, 2014
- Autumn Chopped Salad #Recipe - November 26, 2014