Keeping fit and staying healthy is an essential thing that everyone should adapt. Apart from working out the other way that can help you keep fit and remain healthy is by eating a healthy meal. The good news is you don’t have to spend a lot of money to be able to make a healthy meal as you can still eat healthy on a budget. All that you need to know is about the right ingredients that you need and the proper methods to use in preparing your meals.
Let’s look at five recipes for cheap easy and healthy meals.
1. Roasted chicken breast and vegetables. This is an easy and yet healthy meal that you can be able to prepare quickly. You can either make it during the meal for lunch or dinner.
• Six red potatoes cut into quarters
• Two medium sized carrots cut into pieces
• One large onion cut into small pieces
• Two tablespoon olive oil
• A pinch of salt and black pepper
• A tablespoon chicken stock
• Half a lemon.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.Toss all the vegetables with salt black pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil.Spread the vegetables on the oven sheet and place them in the oven to cook until soften.Then rub the skin of the chicken with the remaining olive oil and salt.Sprinkle the chicken stock and then place it on the oven tray with the vegetables.Minimize the heat to 165 degrees.Ones the chicken is cooked, take it out from the oven and remove the bones and cut is to the required serving.Slice the lemon and place on each plate.
2. Antipasti Penne. This is another great meal that is cheap healthy and yet easy to prepare.
• Ten ounces of whole grain penne
• One tablespoon olive oil
• Three ounces soppressata or salami shredded
• Six stuffed spinach queen olives cut into two
• Two tablespoon brine
• Fourteen ounces diced tomatoes
• Half a cup chopped fresh mozzarella.
Boil the pasta and once cooked drain the excess water.Heat a pan and fry the soppressata with olive oil for about three minutes.Add other ingredients one by one stirring and cook over medium heat.Add the pasta water and the brine to the mixture. Let the sauce boil for about eight to ten minutes until it thickens.Then add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.Serve accordingly.
3. Penne with Turkey Meatballs.
• Half a cup bread crumbs
• Two large eggs lightly beaten
• Two tablespoons whole milk
• Half grated Romano
• Quarter chopped parsley leave
• Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
• Half cup olive oil
• One Pound turkey meat4 cups of tomato sauce
• Five cups of tomato sauce
• One pound dried penne pasta.
In a bowl mix the eggs, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, the Romano and salt, and pepper.Then add the turkey to the mixture and make small round from the mix. Heat the oil and when thoroughly cooked add the meatballs. Allow them to cook for 3 minutes without turning so they can turn brown.Cook the meatballs until golden brown.Then add the tomato sauce and boil the mixture. Allow the mixture to simmer for 4-5 minutes but avoid overcooking the meatballs.Then in a separate pot boil the penne pasta until soft. Drain the excess water.Remove the meatballs from the sauce and place them in a bowl. Pour tomato sauce over the meatballs. Then toss the pasta with the remaining sauce. Then place the pasta in a bowl and serve them with the meatballs.
4. Sesame-ginger pork patty with grilled pineapple.
This is a mouth-watering burger that is healthy and easy to make as well.
• Two tablespoons of reduced soy sauce.
• One scallion chopped.
• Two cloves of garlic that is grated.
• One tablespoon grated ginger.
• Two tablespoons sesame oil.
• One pound ground pork.
• One tablespoon rice vinegar
• Quarter pineapple cut into cubes.
• Four cups watercress.
• One cup shredded carrots.
Preheat your grill to a medium heat.Combine the soy sauce, scallions, garlic, ginger and the sesame oil in a bowl.Then put the pork in a bowl and add half of the mixture in step one. Then to the remaining mixture adds the sesame oil one tablespoon and one tablespoon of vinegar as well.Then apply oil on the roast grill rack and place the pork burger on the grill. Cook it until golden brown.Then place the pineapple cubes on the grill and cook turning until well cooked as well.Then mix the watercress, and the carrots toss the two ingredients with two tablespoons of sauce.Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
5. Risotto cakes. This is a meal that you can prepare by using the leftover of risotto.
• One large egg.
• Three Cups of cold leftover risotto.
• One cup of coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs.
• Two tablespoons olive oil.
Beat the egg and then mix with risotto and half cup of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl.Then mix the ingredients and form the risotto into around five cakes which are 3 inches. Dip the cakes in the remaining breadcrumbs.Spray cooking spray on the nonstick cooking pan and then add one tablespoon of olive oil and heat it over medium heat.Then cook the cakes in the pan turning until they are fully cooked and turn golden brown.
Where can you get your cooking ingredients and the appliances?
You don’t have to worry about where you can buy your kitchen appliances or even your groceries at a real deal.This is because some sites offer a platform where you can search for all the items that you wish to buy for your home.The sites also offer promo codes hence you get an opportunity to purchase the items at a significant discount. Such sites include the Argos.co.uk and Ocado.com.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money for you to be able to prepare an easy and healthy meal. By following the above recipes, you can spend even less than 20 dollars to have a healthy meal on the table.